Both Tally and spreadsheet are the popular ERP software which helps you in recording and representing a report. Spreadsheet-like MS excel handles leads, customers, inventories, orders, receivables, cash flows, reporting, etc. A spreadsheet is generally used by some SMEs because of its low-cost and convenient services. It is easy to create but doesn’t support automation.
Businesses in the early times were very much dependent on these spreadsheets, but now are shifting towards better alternatives. Tally software has undoubtedly reined this competition in a short period of time. Today, Tally is considered as the number one accounting and auditing software for business purposes. Tally and spreadsheet performs the same recording and representing features but there might be some shortcomings where Spreadsheet’s use can be objected like-
- Errors unknown : After a study, it was found that spreadsheet might have some unknown errors which usually are not visible and might mislead the users with incorrect information in the spreadsheet. Though Tally is superficially designed to contain minimal of those errors and inform well before, if there stands any chances of errors arising.
- Lower Privacy : Spreadsheet having valuable data can be easily shared with unauthorized people which can degrade the privacy of your data. Tally on the other side allows access to only authorized people who are allowed to access the account.
- In-accuracy of data :Data in spreadsheet cannot be taken at face value. As the data input by a particular person may not match with the backed system. For example – A sales report generated by the salesperson may not match the same available in the accounting software. Tally promotes ultimate accuracy as it accepts the actual value of invoices and other reports and then creates a sheet of accurate information.
- Loss of data : There might stand a risk of losing the data as these spreadsheets lye around your local PCs which may not be backed up regularly. This could lead to data leakages ultimately degrading your data’s security. Tally, on the other hand, takes proper measures to protect your valuable data.
- Duplication : In many instances, the spreadsheet may require you to duplicate entry of data which can lead to wastage of time. Tally doesn’t require any such kind of duplication to be done .
- Lack of automation – Spreadsheet fails in automating operations and processes. It is difficult to trigger the islands of info and automate. On the other hand Tally specializes in automation by automating all the transactions of recording, reporting and representing transactions.
- Outdated – With the new software complying with all the upgrading needs, Spreadsheet is falling short of being updated with all the important applications. Tally adapts to all the up gradations and functions in an advanced manner
Though Spreadsheet can be a very convenient option but it also poses some defects which cannot be avoided in today’s hour. Tally software being capable of performing multiple tasks for accounting and auditing purposes can be a perfect tool for your business. Tally can be run on cloud if you want to use it portably from anywhere, at anytime, using any device.
Tallycloudhub specializes in providing cloud solutions for Tally at reasonable rates. Go get your Tally on Cloud plan today.